Monday, September 5, 2016

Crocheted Field Hockey Stick and Ball

So many of our friends are having their first bubs at the moment, some even second and third bubs! 
I know that you get a whole lot of presents from everyone so wanted to make crochet presents that were personalised for each child and/or their family.
This is my latest creation that I made up myself - a field hockey stick and ball. 
The mum of this little lady is a talented field hockey player and joked when she was born that she would get her a mini hockey stick to get her started early. So I thought I would try to make one.

I had mixed success but after trial and error came up with something that I was happy to give as a present. The curl in the stick was the tricky point. I ended up making a diamond to stitch to create the quick bend whilst remaining somewhat flat like the hockey stick.

I have plans to put a pattern together for this as I couldn't find a pattern when I had a look and I have benefited from so many other's patterns they have put online that I thought I would have a crack at it.

When I find the time I will put it together to share.

In the mean time - here are some pics of the present.



What an actual one looks like (and what I based this one on):


3 comments: