Thursday, July 31, 2014

Baseball and bat

A friend in New York had a baby recently and they are mad Yankees fans so I thought I would make their little guy a little bat and ball.
Only problem was my family was hit with ongoing bad health so this was a very slow process that was only finished a week ago. Hopefully it arrives soon enough.
It was based on a caricature pattern for a baseball and bat but I didn't add the caps and faces as I wanted it just to be a bat and ball.
I tried stitching little arrowed red stitches for the ball which I had mixed success with - hopefully they don't think that it is too rubbish.
I also only had light brown in a thicker weight yarn to that of the white so I used an average hook between the two. I think it worked out.
I thought that as so many of my tracking stats come from America as well as Australia (and a few in Europe too) that I should put this up as there may be others interested.
http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/77577-baseball-buddies-3images/

4 comments:

  1. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. bestsportsgearhub.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! maple baseball bats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog thank you for sharing valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it am searching for the pattern where you said you shared it but I cannot find it. Please direct me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete