Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Thumb Sucking Solution?

My eldest child (who is nearly in Kindergarten) is a thumb sucker. It is like an addiction that we are trying to help them beat.
I was searching solutions and found an Etsy page that was selling crochet thumb guards for children to use but it was quite expensive for something I could tell would not take very long to make. Although I say that when a plastic guard costs $50+ which is ridiculous in my opinion.
So I had a search for a pattern for these thumb guards and found it a bit tricky to find. I went to start making up one myself when I found this pattern http://thatssimplyfineandfancy.blogspot.com.au/2009/08/anti-sucky-thumb-thingy.html as I was working and it was exactly the same as I was making and what I envisioned in my mind. The only difference being I used a magic circle starting off rather than the chain 3.
I thought rather than have others search fruitlessly as I did to start off with I should share it and hope it can pop up in other parent's searched for solutions.
We are only using them at night time as a deterrent and I am unsure how successful they will be but I have my fingers and toes crossed for a good outcome.
Thank you "That's Simply Fine and Fancy" Blog for posting your pattern. I appreciate it!
Not my picture - a picture from TSFAF Blog 

I have been so busy lately that I have not picked up my crochet stuff for so many months. Though it was a simple 20 minute task it was nice to crochet again. I have been working on the same teddy bear for ages now. I will hopefully have some time to create more on our holiday coming up..... hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for writing a blog on this. I was doing the same thing as you did. I have 3 thumb suckers in my house. One of which is a double thumb sucker. It was going to be way too expensive to buy the amount that I would be needing. Hope it will be a successful tool for me!

    ReplyDelete