Monday, October 8, 2012

First blog post

Late last year I had my gorgeous child and took maternity leave to care for said gorgeous child.
One thing I had not counted on was the brain fade I had for not challenging my brain in the same way as when I was working. (not to suggest looking after a baby is easy, the challenges are just very different)
So I decided I would teach myself a new skill. My mother made us many things when we were little so I decided I wanted to make my child a toy so decided to learn crochet.
I used you tube to learn through tutorials like Crochet tutorial and googled crochet toys.
My googling taught me that crochet critters have a name, amigurumi, and that there are some SUPER talented people out there.
I was inspired so went to The Book Depository and purchased some books.
East crochet critters
Crobots

Then had a crack at it. I really enjoy it and enjoy reading others' blogs so decided to create one to show my attempts at crochet and to link to patterns I have used.

While I'm still enjoying the challenge, I'll keep creating.

Crochet is the current solution to challenge myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment