Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rabbit and sleeping bag

Today marks 6 weeks since I first did my first crochet stitch making my monkey amigurumi!

My latest creation though is this bunny. I found the pattern for the bunny on Sharon Ojala's blog amigurumi to go

My bunny looks a little cross compared to Sharon's cute bunny.

This was the first time I used safety eyes as I hadn't wanted to before because I was nervous my baby would bite them off. Needless to say this one isn't going to be played with for a little while.

I changed the pattern slightly which wasn't necessarily a good thing or an improvement but I wanted to see if what I thought would happen would, they did but didn't improve it but hopefully good experience for if I ever make my own character.

I also made a sleeping bag for the toys I've made. It is just a little pouch with a pillow attached at the back. My child is taking things to bed now so made it so that the toys can go to bed too.

I didn't have a pattern for it. I just made a pouch then a long patch doubled over and stuffed to make the pillow.

Have not decided what my next attempt will be. I have a friend who has just had a baby girl so will look for a present I can make. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment